I Love Tables

Lately I've been way into tables. I'm not sure why. I used to love Rolemaster, almost specifically for its weapons tables. I dunno -- I really appreciate games where you can just look at the dice and know everything you need at a glance, but tables still have some weird allure for me. I wrote (and have used) a random adventure generator for Legends of Anglerre, Leftovers' random Horror generation tables are one of my favorite things in the game, S.O.S. relies heavily on a table for all task and conflict resolution, and so on.

Anyway, in keeping with that, here's the main table -- the effect table, or whatever I'll end up calling it -- from my in-progress Simian Circle contest entry. I'm not claiming it's totally original (it unintentionally shares some points of commonality with ZeFRS, BASH, and FASERIP, apparently -- not that there's anything wrong with that), and there's certainly more to the mechanics than just this, but I am totally in love with this table right now.



Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Actions: Not So Fast

D&D's New Weapon Mastery Is from the '80s

Dungeon23 X Dwarf Fortress