OrcCon's coming up next month -- specifically, February 17th through 20th -- and I'm going to be running some pretty cool games.
First up on Friday at 2:00 is Dungeoncrew -- my D&D-ish hack of the very excellent Supercrew. Of course, Supercrew's so elegantly rules-light already that there isn't a ton of hacking to be done. In fact, here's the entire hack right here:
When rolling for Abilities, substitute the following table for the one in the book.That's it!
- Race: You're a nonhuman adventurer. Pick a race.
- Skill: An important, real-world skill you've picked up, like sneaking, fast-talking, or healing.
- Equipment: Mundane gear of some kind, such as a sword, a set of lockpicks, or a suit of armor.
- Item: A magic item, such as a ring of wizardry, a flying carpet, or a soul-stealing sword.
- Attribute: An adjective describing a notable physical or mental feature, such as big, fast, or smart.
- Magic: Pick a type of magic, such as pyromancy, necromancy, or divination.
I'm going to go a Danger Patrol route with this, and I also want to find a use for my DungeonMorph Dice. Whatever happens, it'll be a lot of fun. (Right now this is scheduled in the wrong time slot, but hopefully that'll get sorted out before this weekend.)
I'm also running two sessions of Dungeon World as part of our weekend-long Living Dungeon World campaign. We describe it thusly:
A world of fantastic adventure awaits - a world of monsters and heroes, gods and demons, swords and sorcery, Good and Evil.
This is your world.
This is DUNGEON WORLD.
LIVING DUNGEON WORLD is a weekend-long series of connected heroic-fantasy games with persistent characters in a persistent world. Play as many or as few games as you like. New to DUNGEON WORLD? No problem! More info here.Five GMs, nine sessions, one ongoing story! Start out as a virtual nobody on Friday and fight for your life all weekend until Sunday night rolls around and you're a multiverse-saving badass -- just like the prophecies foretold! Or simply drop in for a session to see what Dungeon World's all about -- just like the prophecies failed to anticipate!
As far as we know, this is the first time anyone's done this sort of organized-play event with Dungeon World, so we want to make it as cool as we can. But it's not going to be cool in the least without cool players, so come on out to OrcCon and give it a whirl. Sessions are Friday at 2:00 pm (this one's the all-Villager-playbook game) and 8:00 pm, Saturday at 2:00 pm, and Sunday at 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm.